- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Spray the inside of a recloseable zipper bag with nonstick spray. Place frozen bread loaf in bag. Thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough out to a 10 x 16-inch rectangle. If dough springs back when rolling, let dough rest 5 minutes and roll again.
- Spread butter over dough up to 1/2-inch from edges. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over buttered dough.
- Beginning with 16-inch side, roll tightly in jelly-roll fashion. Pinch long edge closed. Cut the dough evenly into 12 pieces.
- Line the slow cooker crock with two strips of parchment paper, crisscrossed in center. Arrange cinnamon rolls in crock. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place crock with cinnamon rolls in slow cooker base and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Use parchment paper to lift rolls from crock. Let cool slightly, then ice.
- Icing: In a medium bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salt. With an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Spread over warm rolls.