This Crock Pot Banana French Toast is so creamy and full of amazing flavors! It’s so easy to make in the Crock Pot and is a delicious breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 (10-inch) stale (a day or two old bread) French baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 bananas, plus more for serving
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into thin slices
- ½ cup pecans, optional, for serving
- maple syrup, optional, for serving
- Grease a 6.5-quart (or larger) crock pot with cooking spray or butter.
- Spread cream cheese on both sides of all bread slices and arrange slices in a single layer on the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash two bananas; add beaten eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg; whisk until everything is well combined.
- Pour milk mixture over bread slices and press the bread down into the liquid; let stand 30 minutes, or up to 5 hours.
- The liquid should not cover the bread slices, but it should come up about three-quarters of the way up. If it’s less than that, add more liquid.
- Arrange butter slices over bread slices.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 3.5 hours or on HIGH for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Remove lid; garnish with fresh banana slices, chopped pecans, and maple syrup.
- Set the dial to “WARM” so it stays warm, or serve immediately.