Creamy, rich, and decadent slow cooker hot chocolate made in the crockpot!
- 6 cups (1440ml) whole milk (1% or 2% are OK)
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 8 ounces (226g) semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (21g) unsweetened natural or dutch-process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- toppings: marshmallows, chocolate candies, candy canes, chocolate syrup, salted caramel, etc
- Place all of the ingredients into a large slow cooker. Vigorously whisk to get the cocoa powder as mixed in as possible– you don’t want it all floating on the top. Keep whisking for a minute or 2 until it’s all combined.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Make sure you whisk it every 45 minutes – 1 hour to make sure the chocolate isn’t burning on the bottom.
- Serve warm with marshmallows or other optional toppings. Store leftovers in the refrigerator and warm up on the stove or in the microwave.