Hundreds of home cooks agree that this slow cooker Italian sausage lasagna is the best and easiest way to make lasagna you’ll ever try. Just pack the slow-cooker with four layers of sauce, noodles and cheese, then come home to crockpot lasagna four to six hours later.
- 1pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15uncooked lasagna noodles
Prevent your screen from going dark while you cook.
- 1 Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- 2 Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- 3 Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- 4 Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- 5 Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.