With macaroni noodles smothered in gooey cheese and prepped in just a few minutes, you won’t be making boxed mac and cheese ever again.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 10 ½ ounces condensed cheddar cheese soup (1 can)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a saucepan on the stovetop, boil the macaroni in water for six minutes and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Heat over medium high heat and stir until the cheese melts.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cheese mixture, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper in your slow cooker. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
- Cook on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally (I cooked mine for about 2 hours and stirred it twice and it was perfect).