Chicken Pho made easily at home in your Crock Pot!
- 8 cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 on the bone skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 star anise
- 1 2 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 oz of pho rice noodles, banh pho 1/16 inch is the best, but whatever you can find will work!
- 4-6 cups of bok choy chopped
- 12 oz bean sprouts
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 2 sliced jalapeños
- 1 lime quartered
- Add brown sugar, fish sauce, cinnamon, star anise, ginger, and cloves to chicken stock. Place chicken breasts meat down in crockpot and then pour stock over. Let cook in crockpot for 8-10 hrs on low.
- Remove chicken breasts from crockpot and set aside. Remove spices from broth. Add bok choy to broth, turn crockpot to high and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- While bok choy cooks, shred chicken and slice jalapeños and prep sprouts, basil, and lime for garnishing.
- Just before bok choy is done, after about 20 minutes, add the rice noodles and shredded chicken back to broth to finish cooking for the last 10 minutes.
- Ladle into large bowls, add bean sprouts, jalapeños, basil, squeeze lime, and top with sriracha, chili paste, and/or hoisen to taste.