Mexican Stuffed Shells freeze well as a casserole and can be made ahead of time. This is a great stuffed shell recipe stuffed with seasoned taco beef and topped with taco sauce and cheese. This recipe so easy and loved by the whole family!
MEXICAN STUFFED SHELLS
We’ve been eating a whole lot of chicken, fish, and veggies at our house lately. When my 7 year old son asked what was for dinner last night and I told him grilled chicken and broccoli, he about started crying.
I wanted to join him. I realized we needed a little break from the same old and started brainstorming.
Last time I was in a major dinner rut I stumbled upon this Taco Pasta and heard nothing but praises at the dinner table.
Mexican Stuffed Shells
prep time: 15 MINS cook time: 30 MINS total time: 45 MINS
Mexican Stuffed Shells freeze well as a casserole and can be made ahead of time. This is a great stuffed shell recipe stuffed with seasoned taco beef and topped with taco sauce and cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 20 jumbo pasta shells (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or just use all of one kind of cheese)
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 3 green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a pan brown the ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Stir together and mix well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board or baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stuff each shell with 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Evenly cover shells with taco sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 5-10 more minutes with the foil removed until cheese melts. Top with green onions or olives if desired. Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.
Source: The Way to His Heart