If you take nothing away from this blog, I hope you’ll at least try this recipe. As a kid, this was my favorite thing for my Mom to make me. Special occasions like a 100 on a spelling test or making the “all A” honor roll were always celebrated with a batch of this Oreo delight. And that was a big deal. For my family, this was an expensive recipe!
It ‘s funny though, when I look back, I don’t think I ever knew we didn’t have much money or that we were any different than any other family. My parents sacrificed, my dad working crazy long hours, for my mom to be able to stay at home with me when I was little.
I look back at those days when Mom would let me play hooky from school and we would scrounge up change to get McDonald’s hamburgers as fun times, not sad ones. As an adult, I realize how much my parents did without so they could give me everything I wanted. It sounds crazy, but having a child of my own, makes me realize even more how much I love my parents and how much they love me. And this little recipe was one of my Mom’s many ways of saying “I Love You”! Y’all enjoy!
Let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 pkg of regular oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 large pkg chocolate instant pudding
- 6 T melted butter
- 16 oz cool whip
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 ¾ c milk
- Crush cookies
- Save about 1 c to sprinkle on top
- In small bowl mix remaining crumbs with butter
- Press crumbs/butter mixture into bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan to form crust
- Make chocolate pudding according to package directions and let it set up in the fridge
- Using electric mixer, mix half cool whip, softened cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl
- Spread the cool whip/cc/sugar mixture on top of the oreo crust
Recipe Source : CakesCottage