No bake lemon pudding pie has three fabulous layers of instant lemon pudding mix, fresh lemon juice, and freshly whipped cream! Layered in a no bake, store-bought graham cracker crust. So creamy, light, and fresh tasting. Perfect for summertime.
This no bake lemon pie literally takes 5 minutes to make and it’s the perfect thing to make the night before so it can refrigerate until ready to serve the next day. And the leftovers just get better and better!
raham Cracker or Shortbread Crust – These are the store bought ones that you will find in the baking aisle. Do not get the ‘2 extra servings’ sized crust. You just want the regular (6 oz) sized crust. If I can find the shortbread one (not all stores have it) I will get it because it’s my favorite but normally I just use a graham cracker crust.
Instant Lemon Pudding Mix – You want two of the small boxes of lemon pudding. Do not get sugar-free (I mean you could if you really want to, but it tastes much better with the regular pudding mix) and do not prepare the pudding according to the package directions. Just follow the recipe below.
Let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker or shortbread crust
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz each) lemon instant pudding mix do not prepare according to package directions
- 2 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine lemon instant pudding mix, whole milk, and fresh lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until pudding is thick, about 2 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes so it can thicken.
- While the pudding is sitting to thicken make the whipped cream. In a mixing bowl with a handheld blender, or use the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the lemon pudding into the graham cracker crust.
- Add half of the freshly whipped cream into the remaining lemon pudding mix and stir together until combined. Spread over the lemon pudding in the pie crust.
- Top the pie with the remaining whipped cream. You can either spread it on as the 3rd layer immediately OR you can pipe it on the edges of the pie (as shown in the pictures) after the refrigeration time and before serving.
- Cover with the enclosed lid from the graham cracker crust and let refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving. For best results make the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
If you don’t want to whip your own cream simply use an 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip. Combine half of it with the remaining lemon pudding mix and the other half for the top layer of the pie. But making homemade whipped cream for this pie is preferred and so yummy. It’s worth it!For best taste, texture, and results please do not use sugar-free instant pudding mix. Some readers have tried it and like it, but I can’t guarantee the taste of it so use at your own risk 🙂 It’s best to use the highest fat percentage of milk that you can. Whole milk or half and half milk are great choices. If first posted this recipe in 2017 (adapted from Kraft) and have republished with updated post and pictures in June 2020. Recipe is the same.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 755IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 1mg