Learn how to make perfect Roast potatoes with this foolproof recipe for roast potatoes that come out perfect every time!
This recipe is the perfect example of what roast potatoes should be! They are super crispy, and simply seasoned with fresh thyme and salt and pepper.
Sometimes simple is just better! This recipe is made using just 5 ingredients making it super easy to prepare. It’s the perfect side dish for a busy weeknight dinner or fancy holiday spread!
- 2 lbs Potatoes2 lbs Potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to tasteSalt and pepper to taste
- Fresh ThymeFresh Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Peel the potatoes, cutting any larger ones so they’re uniformly sized. I cut mine to be a little smaller than a ping-pong ball.
- Wash the potatoes in cold water to remove any extra starch then add them to a large empty pot. Boil water enough water to cover the potatoes well (about 2 inches higher than the potatoes) pour over the potatoes, salt the water, and parboil for 5-7 minutes, then drain in a strainer and leave dry.
- Once dry, gently shake the strainer to rough up.
- Add the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the oil, salt an pepper, gently stir to coat and transfer to a baking sheet in one layer, and add the fresh thyme.
- Roast in the hot oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain off any excess oil and serve.