This is one of my all time favorites. It is fantastic to take to potlucks or to a friend who is under the weather. I like eating it the next day as a cold pasta dish. Can’t go wrong with this one!
So easy to prepare… and even easier to eat!
- 16 oz cooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 c chopped onions
- 1 c green peppers
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 1 can(s)(28 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 clove garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic seasoning)
- 1 lb cooked ground beef (can substitute chicken or Italian sausage)
- 2 c mozzarella cheese
- 1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup (use cream of chicken if you use chopped chicken)
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 cParmesan cheese
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
- Saute onion & green pepper in margarine. Add tomatoes, oregano, garlic, and beef. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Place 1/2 of the cooked spaghetti in bottom of 9 X 13 inch greased pan. Top with 1/2 of veg/meat mixture. Next top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and repeat layers. Mix soup and water together and spread over casserole. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Easy to make ahead and freeze for busy days!