Back to Top
- 2 call-purpose flour
- 1 c butter softened (no substituting)
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 c sugar
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice (I use bottled)
- 1/2 c butter (softened)
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
- 2 Tbsp cold water
How to Make Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Bars
- Mix crust ingredients with fork as you would for a pie crust. Pat into a 9×13 pan which has been greased and floured. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- As crust is baking, mix filling.
- After crust has baked for 15 minutes pour filling over crust and continue baking for 25 minutes. Cool bars completely.
- Make frosting by beating butter, powdered sugar and milk for 6 to 8 minutes on high speed. Then add 2 tbsp cold water one at a time. Beat until smooth. Spread over cooled bars.