I like to make Turnovers.
I just made 4 apple turnovers and some cups filled with the filling and a topping using my apple cobbler topping.
This will make a nice snack for after dinner.
- 2 tart apples, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- ·pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon, to taste
- 1egg, beaten for egg wash
- ·sugar for topping
- 1 p kg frozen, ready made pie dough or frozen, puff pastry
How to Make Apple Turnovers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Thaw pie dough or puff pastry.
Unroll sheets and cut each sheet into 4 pieces.
- Peel and chop apples and add to bowl with lemon juice.
Add walnuts, brown sugar and spices.
- Fill half of one pastry piece with a spoonful of apple mixture and fold over to form into a turnover.
Rub inside edge with egg wash and seal.
Repeat with remaining pastry pieces.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Lay turnovers on paper.
Make 2 or 3 slits on each turnover, to let steam escape.
Brush with egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
If apples are juicy, you can add a little flour to mixture.
You can use other fruits for filling.